Trump protesters organize for Friday’s rally

Students have prepared signs to show their protest against Trump during his rally.
ORALCE PHOTO/ MIKKI SHINE

Organizations from across campus met Tuesday night to plan a protest for Donald Trump’s rally held at the Sun Dome on Friday. The rally will begin at 7 p.m.

“Bulls will not tolerate Islam-ophobia, racism, sexism, homophobia and any other bigotry this man incites,” Amanda Mole, with the Social Work Society, said in an email to the Oracle.

Members of the Social Work Society and Students for a Democratic Society plan to meet on the sidewalk of Alumni Drive at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, prepared with hand-made signs, banners and chants.

Protesters are not allowed to block the flow of vehicle or pedestrian traffic, block the building entrance or harass people, and cannot use vulgar language, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida.

“The reason I am so opposed to him is that he expresses the views of my homophobic family,” Amanda-Lynn Hill, junior majoring in Political Science, said. “He’s completely backwards.”

In an email to the Oracle, the Sun Dome stated there would be an “apron area adjacent to the arena “ closed to non-ticketholders.

“Individuals who are not attending the event may otherwise congregate in areas surrounding the USF Sun Dome that are open to the general public so long as they do not interfere with the safety of the event, … or otherwise disrupt the licensed use of the facility,” according to the statement.