Suspect charged in stabbing of Elkino Watson

Randolph Graham was charged with second-degree murder Wednesday night in the stabbing death of former USF football player Elkino Watson on Sunday at The Orpheum nightclub in Ybor City.

Tampa Police said Graham, 23, turned himself in Wednesday. He is also charged with attempted murder with a weapon for stabbing and wounding 22-year-old Desmond Horne, who is currently listed in stable condition.

During a non-university sanctioned after-party for USF’s 51-3 win over Florida A&M on Sunday at The Orpheum, witnesses told police that a man punched a woman — who identified herself Sunday in an interview with WFTS-TV as Diamond Hall, Watson’s girlfriend — when she refused to give him her phone number. 

Watson then tried to speak with Graham about the incident outside the venue once the event ended. At some point, Graham removed his sunglasses as a fight started, produced a knife and attempted to stab Watson.

Then, when a fight broke out between Horne and another patron, Watson attempted to pull them apart. That’s when Graham approached Watson and stabbed him several times. He also cut Horne.

A witness pulled Graham away from Watson and he fled on foot. Watson, meanwhile, stumbled down East 7th Avenue, then south on 20th Street where he eventually collapsed.

Watson and Horne were both transported to Tampa General Hospital, where Watson later died from his injuries.