Voting begins today for student elections

Voting begins today for Student Government (SG) elections, including SG Senate seats and the student body president.

Polling stations are open across campus until Thursday evening. Stations are open outside the Marshall Student Center and Argos Center from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.

SG Supervisor of Elections John Quiroz said due to a lack of volunteers, polls outside Juniper-Poplar Hall and the Campus Recreation Center will only likely be open from around 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 

There are also computers at SG’s Computer Services in the Marshall Student Center, which is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Students may also vote online at sg.usf.edu/vote beginning 8 a.m. Monday until 8 p.m. Thursday when voting ends.

There are two tickets for student body president.

Current SG Senate President Andy Rodriguez is running alongside vice presidential candidate Michael Malanga, chair of the SG Appropriations and Audits Committee.

Sammy Hamed, who recently stepped down as SG’s chief justice, is running for office with Alexis Sacasas, who also stepped down from her judicial position as SG’s ranking justice to run with Hamed.

What senatorial candidates students may vote on depends on what college students are enrolled in. The College of Arts and Sciences, being the college with the most students, has largest pool of candidates.  

The final item on the ballot is the design of the $5 OUR Shirt sold at the USF bookstore. Pictures of the design will be displayed on the ballot.