Intramural sports begin this week

USF sports fans will have plenty to cheer for this semester as soccer, volleyball and football gear up to begin their seasons in the coming weeks. 

For some fans however, rooting for the Bulls in jerseys isn’t enough to quench their thirst for sports.

Beginning this week, students at USF will be able to register for the fall’s intramural sports. In total, there are 18 intramural sports students can participate in this semester. These sports are staggered throughout the semester, but registration is closing quickly for those at the beginning of the year. 

Late-night dodgeball will kick off intramural sports at USF, beginning tonight at 8:30. The tournament, which has subdivisions for men’s, women’s and co-rec teams, will be a four-on-four game that will take place on the racquetball courts. The event will conclude at 11:30 p.m.

The next available intramural event is a flag football tournament, which will take place Friday through Sunday. Registration for the tournament is currently open, but it closes Thursday at noon. It will begin Friday at noon on the Magnolia Fields and could last through the entire weekend, depending on the number of teams. This event will also provide divisions for men’s, women’s and co-rec teams. 

The sports for the month of September are 3-on-3 basketball, a cornhole tournament, Ultimate Frisbee and kickball. Registration closes Sept. 4 for basketball, Sept. 11 for cornhole and Sept. 17 for Ultimate Frisbee. 

To sign up for intramural sports, students must make an account at IMLeagues.com under the USF subsection.