USF AD’s car vandalized at UCF game

The USF-UCF rivalry escalated over the weekend when USF Athletics Director Doug Woolard’s Audi was vandalized and many took to the Internet, accusing UCF fans of the act.  

At some point during the national broadcast of the game on Friday, an unidentified party slashed the tires of Woolard’s vehicle, and Woolard was provided with a complimentary car by UCF to drive back to Tampa in. 

Woolard released a statement in regard to the incident. 

“Whether this action is random or targeted, I’m hopeful the UCF police locate the person or persons responsible and hold them accountable for their criminal actions to the full extent of the law,” he said in the statement. “I would also like to thank the UCF administration and local law enforcement for their courtesy and assistance in the wake of this incident.”

USF defensive end Aaron Lynch tweeted about the incident afterward, seemingly accusing UCF.

“Vandalized our AD’s car…. Yall put something in our soap after tha game… UCF… Unbeleivable…. (sic),” Lynch tweeted. 

UCF Athletic Director Todd Stansbury issued a public statement of apology to Woolard. 

“I’m disappointed and embarrassed that this happened at our facility,” he said. “… We always encourage good sportsmanship and responsible behavior and this was neither.”

– Staff report