Student Affairs changes leadership

Interim Vice President for Student Affairs Denita Siscoe will be leaving USF to accept the same position at her alma mater, Missouri State University.

Thomas Miller, an associate professor in USF’s College of Education, will replace Siscoe as the new interim vice president. Miller came to USF in 2001 as the dean of students and assistant vice president for Student Affairs.

“Student Affairs will be in great hands with Dr. Miller,” Siscoe said. “Not only does Tom have a strong background and expertise in student affairs, he is also a warm, caring and student-centered professional who is truly passionate about working with and for students.”

In her time as interim vice president, Siscoe cut Student Affairs from six to four administrative units and recruited an assistant vice president, dean for students, and assistant vice president for Wellness.

“We are very grateful to Dr. Siscoe for her leadership and wish her well in her new role. She has had a positive impact on our university during the past year,” Provost Ralph Wilcox said. “I see a bright future for Student Affairs at USF as it continues its strategic commitment to Student Success.”

Miller received his Doctorate of Education in higher education from Indiana University and has served as vice president of Student Affairs at Eckerd College and Canisius College.

USF also announced it will soon be starting a national search for a new vice president of Student Affairs. Dr. Paul Dosal, vice provost for Student Success, will chair the search.

Miller will take his new position June 10.

— Staff report