Concerts to catch this summer

The lull between the end of spring semester and the beginning of fall classes may lead to many summer days that should be filled with
entertainment. Opportunities to fill the downtime with musical performances in the Tampa Bay area are vast. From pop to hip-hop and rock, there is something for everyone in these concerts.

Party rocker Andrew W.K. will be performing as part of his Human Party Machine Tour. This special performance will be the only one of the tour to feature Andrew W.K.’s full band.
Tickets are $20.
May 31 at The Orpheum

When The Airborne Toxic Event released its newest album “Such Hot Blood” on April 30, it was met with less than stellar reviews. Because of the release of “Such Hot Blood,” the band’s show, which was slated for May 2 has been moved to June 9 and will feature opening band Leagues.
Tickets are $18.
June 9 at the State Theatre

If students are looking for a piece of Americana, the AmericanaramA Festival of Music is the place to go. The show will feature performances by Bob Dylan and His Band, WILCO and My Morning Jacket.
Tickets start at $39.
June 27 at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre

In 2013, indie pop punk band Tigers Jaw officially went on hiatus. Fortunately, the band also announced it would be doing one last tour. Die-hard fans of Tigers Jaw should take note that Brianna Collins and Ben Walsh will be the only original band members on the tour.
Tickets are $15.
June 15 at The Orpheum

The Dirty Heads follow in the footsteps of bands such as Sublime and 311, combining elements of hip-hop and ska punk into melodic reggae riffs. The Dirty Heads will be taking the stage with The Expendables to promote their newest album “Cabin By The Sea.”
Tickets are $25 in advance or $28 the day of the show.
June 24 at Jannus Live

Pitbull and Ke$ha team together for a night of fun Florida flare on June 28. Pitbull’s Miami-inspired take on hip-hop with new hits from his latest album, “Global Warming,” and Ke$ha will be spreading her party lifestyle with pop tunes from her chart-topping album “Warrior.”
Tickets start at $34.
June 28 at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre

On June 18, Mac Miller drops his second studio album, “Watching Movies With the Sound Off,” and seven days later begins The Space Migration Tour. Tampa’s show will include popular acts Chance the Rapper, Vince Staples and the Internet.
Tickets are $27.50 in advance or $30 at the door.
July 5 at Jannus Live

Lil Wayne and T.I. join forces this summer in the “America’s Most Wanted Tour.” Lil Wayne created the tour to celebrate the release of his album “I Am Not a Human Being II.”
Tickets start at $32.
July 13 at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre

Dave Matthews Band concerts have almost become a staple in the Tampa summer concert scene. Every summer, fans are sure to catch the band as it rides into town like clockwork.
Tickets start at $53.
July 17 at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre

Like Dave Matthews band, another summer means another 311 Unity Tour. This year 311 is joined by Sublime with Rome, Pennywise, Cypress Hill and G. Love and Special Sauce.
Tickets start at $30.
July 23 at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre

Rock and indie fans of all types will want to check out the Vans Warped Tour at Vinoy Park. The all-day music festival will feature bands seasoned to the tour such as Hawthorne Heights, Motion City Soundtrack, The Used and The Early November, as well as many new musicians.
Tickets are $47.50.
July 26 at Vinoy Park.

Metalheads are sure to bang their heads at the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival comes to Tampa this summer. The show will feature performances by Rob Zombie, Mastadon, Five Finger Death Punch and Amon Amarth, among others.
Tickets start at $32.
July 31 at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre