NFL free agency recap: Where USFs players landed

With NFL free agency coming to a close and rookies getting ready to take their talents to professional-level training camps, The Oracle takes a look at the members of the 2011 USF football team who managed to earn themselves a spot on an NFL roster.

Darrell Scott: Scott, who transferred to USF from Colorado,surprised many professional scouts with his decision to leave school after just one season at USF. Despite being the top college prospect in the nation after graduating high school, Scott was not drafted and signed a deal with the Dallas Cowboys.

Jeremiah Warren: Warren anchored the USF offensive line during his career, and his efforts managed to catch the eye of at least one NFL coach. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who was present at USFs Pro Day, zoned in on the 6-foot-4, 329-pound guard and signed him to a deal.

Chaz Hine and Quenton Washington: Two of USFs leaders managed to land spots with the hometown Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Last season, Hine was one of 16 players to receive a National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete award, while Washington saw career highs in both tackles for loss and passes broken up.

A.J. Love: After a six-year career at USF in which saw a fair share of injuries, Love managed to find his way to the Minnesota Vikings. Loves best season as a Bull was in 2009, when he finished the year second on the team with 26 receptions and tied theteam lead of four touchdowns.

Jerrell Young: Young was named to the All Big-East second team and saw career highs in both tackles and forced fumbles. He was also responsible for the highlight play of the season, forcing the fumble that Kayvon Webster returned 96 yards to begin the scoring in USFs 23-20win over Notre Dame. He signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Nevins finishes as finalist
Though her stellar sophomore campaign came to an end in Oklahoma City, USF softball pitcher Sara Nevins will have plenty to remember her season by. With the finalists for the USF Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year being cut to three, Nevins is no longer in contention for the award. Despite this, the sophomore finishes her run as one of 10players to be named a finalist.

Nevins season resum was also bolstered by her inclusion on the Mideast All-Region team, an honor decided by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association. She was one of just two pitchers named to the team.