Chic & Cheap: Campus Fashion

New York City may be the fashion capital of the U.S., but USF has its own bevy of stylish students. I tracked down some fashion-savvy students who not only exhibit their own sense of style, but also many of the season’s hottest trends.

Meghan McManus, a freshman majoring in percussion performance and psychology, was spotted around campus in popular polka dots. She paired her bright red, polka dot skirt with a blue belt, neutral top and nude ballet flats. McManus said her daily outfits depend on “how tired” she feels, and she prefers shopping at second-hand stores such as Marshalls.

“I like to be simple with my own blend of trendy and personal taste,” she said. “I like funky prints and patterns.”

Paula Montoya, a freshman majoring in marketing and an aspiring fashion designer, wears a loose teal button-down and black, knitted scalloped shorts. Montoya elevates her casual look with killer accessories, pairing her outfit with black flats, bold accents and a black, patent-leather purse.

“I always like to look elegant no matter the time,” she said. “I like gold, gold accessories and I want to look unique and personalize what I’m wearing.”

Shohei Iida, majoring in cultural studies, looks suave in a maroon, V-neck sweater, white polo and dark wash jeans. He matches tinted sunglasses and beige boat shoes to complete the look.

Iida said he thinks about “the temperature, how it feels outside and comfort” when dressing every day.

“If I have a special event going on later at night, I dress up from morning.”