Knights, Gru, and musicians, Oh my!

From “Jersey Boys” to jousting, Scene & Heard suggest fun things to do this weekend.

Thursday

Jersey Boys

One of the most successful shows on Broadway, “Jersey Boys,” returns to Tampa to remind us why The Four Seasons are still considered one of the most popular music acts of all time. With songs like “Walk like a Man” and “December 1963 (Oh What a Night)” the whole family should be tapping their toes to this high-spirited musical.

Based on a true story, the musical follows Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi as they work through their mundane, blue-collar jobs in order to see the creation of the world-renowned American rock group The Four Seasons come to fruition.

Time: Thursday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m. The show will be running through April 17.

Location: David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place

Price: Starting at $48

Website: strazcenter.org

Friday

Friday Extra Concert Series

A long-running tradition in the Tampa Bay area, the Friday Extra Concert Series aims to highlight emerging local talent and bands.

The series kicks off this Friday at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park with opening act Larue Nichelson and Jeremy Powell, and Brazilian jazz group O Som Do Jazz. It ends its run May 27 at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa.

Time: Friday, April 1 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Location: Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, 600 N. Ashley Drive

Price: Free

Website: tinyurl.com/FridayConcertSeries

Saturday

Tampa Theatre Screenings

For those looking to take in a cinematic treat this weekend, the Tampa Theatre begins showing Cary Fukanaga’s acclaimed adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s “Jane Eyre,” starring the lovely “Alice in Wonderland” star Mia Wasikowska on Friday, April 1.

But with a weekend that is shaping up to have some nice spring weather, the Tampa Theatre also starts its traveling outdoor roadshow, “Sunset Cinema,” on Saturday. The first movie in the series at Al Lopez Park will be last summer’s animated hit, “Despicable Me.”

Time: “Jane Eyre” starts at 7:30 p.m. on April 1. For “Despicable Me,” gates open at 6:00 p.m. and the movie starts at 8:00 p.m.

Location: “Jane Eyre” is at Tampa Theatre, 711 Franklin St. “Despicable Me” is at Al Lopez Park, 4810 N. Himes Ave.

Price: “Jane Eyre” is $9 for adults. Admission for “Despicable Me” is free.

Website: tampatheatre.org

Sunday

Bay Area Renaissance Festival

For those with a passion for swords and chivalry, the Bay Area Renaissance Festival is still in full swing at the Museum of Science and Industry, located directly across from the USF campus.

The festival showcases medieval-themed music acts, live jousting and a “Human Combat Chess Match.” Visitors can also take in live comedians, food and an area for children to explore the time period. This weekend is themed “Wonders of the World,” with various vendors showcasing Middle-Eastern and Asian cultures.

Time: Weekends 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. through April 17

Location: Museum of Science and Industry, 4801 E. Fowler Ave.

Price: $14.95 for adults when purchased in advance

Website: bayarearenaissancefest.com