Fair food and free fun

Still haven’t made plans for this weekend? Scene & Heard offers its picks for the best ways to enjoy your days off.

Thursday

Free Admission at the Florida State Fair

The fair runs through February 21 but you can enjoy free admission Thursday the 17th after 4 p.m. Pack the antacid medicine, because this year’s unique food items include fried mashed potatoes and gravy, Maple-Bacon Cupcakes and the French Toast Burger.

Time: Thursday, February 17, 2010 after 4 p.m.

Location: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4802 U.S. 301, Tampa FL 33610

Price: FREE

Website: Florida State Fair

Friday

Art on the House

The Tampa Museum of Art will begin offering free admission every Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. For a cheap date night, grab your significant other and enjoy the museum’s current exhibitions, including “American Modernism.”

Time: Friday’s, 4 to 8 p.m.

Location: Tampa Museum of Art, 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa FL 33602

Price: FREE

Website: Tampa Museum of Art

Ozzy Osbourne

Party like a rock star on Friday with two hard rock heavyweights, Ozzy Osbourne and Slash. As the self-proclaimed Prince of Darkness, Osbourne is known for creating memorable concerts. Friday’s show at the St. Pete Times Forum should be no exception as he pairs up with the former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash.

Time: Friday, February 18 at 8 p.m.

Location: St. Pete Times Forum, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa FL 33602

Price: $25 to $55

Website: St. Pete Times Forum

Saturday

Oscar Shorts: Live Action and Animated

In honor of the 83rd Academy Awards, the Tampa Theatre is screening all of the short films that have been nominated for an Oscar this year. The Tampa Theatre’s Oscar celebrations culminate in their 12th Annual Oscar Night Party on February 27, where guests can arrive in a limo, walk the red carpet and watch a live telecast of the award’s show.

Time: Showtimes available on the Tampa Theatre website.

Location: Tampa Theatre, 711 Franklin Street, Tampa FL 33672

Price: $9, $7 before 6 p.m.

Website: Tampa Theatre

Sunday

Tampa Bay Comic Con

Get your geek on at Tampa Bay’s annual comic book and science fiction convention. Buy some memorabilia at one of the 85 exhibitor’s tables or meet the six special guests who have worked on comics like Captain America, the Amazing Spider Man, Batman and Conan.

Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Location: Doubletree Hotel, 4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607

Price: $5

Website: Tampa Bay Comic Con