Homecoming for Rams’ Selvie, Murphy

Former USF standouts George Selvie and Jerome Murphy, both drafted by St. Louis in April’s NFL draft, will make their return to Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers host the Rams at 1 p.m.

Selvie, who is listed as a second-teamer at defensive end after getting drafted in the seventh round, has played in all six games this season, compiling nine tackles and 1.5 sacks.

Murphy, a third-round selection, has eight tackles and an interception in five games this season as a backup cornerback.

The Rams, who started the season 0-2 but currently sit at 3-3 after a 20-17 win over San Diego on Sunday, are currently one-half game behind NFC West-leading Arizona and Seattle (3-2).

USF senior receiver Dontavia Bogan said he spoke to Murphy over the phone a couple of weeks ago.

“I just asked, ‘How is it going?'” Bogan said. “I heard he’s having a good season. We were just catching up on some things.”

“If we don’t have practice, I’ll try to make it to the game to support,” Bogan said. “(Selvie) really is (doing well).”

USF has a bye next week after it plays Cincinnati on Friday. The Bulls host Rutgers on Nov. 3.

Selvie, the only two-time All-American in USF history, and Murphy were two of a record seven Bulls drafted earlier this year.