Mens streak snapped

USF’s four-game win streak came to an abrupt end in Connecticut on Friday night, with the Bulls (4-2-1) dropping a nationally televised 4-0 contest to the No. 6 Huskies (6-0-1) behind midfielder Tony Cascio’s hat trick.

With Connecticut already leading 1-0, Cascio scored the first of his three goals in the 55th minute, sneaking a shot past senior goalkeeper Jeff Attinella. Five minutes later, he added another goal and scored his third in the 74th minute.

In the 15th minute, forward Stephane Diop capitalized on assists from teammates Carlos Alvarez and Nickardo Blake, giving the Huskies a 1-0 lead at the half. Alvarez finished with four assists.

“It’s tough to go on the road and get a win when you concede three restart goals, which is not typical of us,” said coach George Kiefer. “I think we were just a little unlucky (Saturday).”

The Bulls, who came into Friday’s game ranked No. 24, return home to face Rhode Island on Wednesday.

Women win, tie

The USF women’s soccer team began a two-game weekend with a 2-0 victory Thursday over Pittsburgh for its first win in Big East play.

Chelsea Klotz scored her ninth goal of the season, and Taylor Patterson scored for the second consecutive game to help USF.

The Bulls have five consecutive road matches until an Oct. 15 home match against Louisville.

On Sunday, the Bulls began their five-game road trip with a 0-0 tie against West Virginia (4-4-1).

USF goalkeeper Nicole McClure had six saves.

USF faces Georgetown on Friday at 3 p.m.