OL Lang commits

In the midst of gearing up for the season opener against Stony Brook, USF’s coaching staff has also been busy on the recruiting trail.

The Bulls picked up a verbal commitment from offensive lineman Max Lang out of Boone High School in Orlando on Tuesday, according to usfbullseye.com.

Lang is the 11th verbal commitment of USF’s 2011 class. National Signing Day is Feb. 3.

“I’ve always had them in my mind for a couple of years now,” Lang said to usfbullseye.com. “This was a complete faith thing. This is where God wants me. I owe it all to him.”

Lang, 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds, chose USF over offers from Florida State, Miami, Rutgers and South Carolina, among several others, according to rivals.com.

“I bought into what the coaches are trying to do there at USF,” Lang said to usfbullseye.com. “I put my complete and total faith in the program, and I know it will pay off. The biggest factor would be the opportunity for me to succeed as a student, an athlete and in developing into a better human being. I know with these coaches it is possible.”

Lang, who’s ranked three-star offensive tackle by rivals.com, joins two other offensive line commits in next year’s class – tackle David Simon out of Alabama and guard Thor Jozwiak out of East Lake High school.

The Bulls brought in four offensive linemen for the 2010 recruiting class and graduate three seniors after this season.