Free breakfast available during final exam week

To help fuel late-night study sessions, Student Life and Traditions (SLT) and Student Government (SG) are providing free breakfast to students during finals week.

From Sunday to Thursday, breakfast will be served to students studying in the Marshall Student Center (MSC) at midnight, said Associate Director of SLT Caitlin Butler.

Hot dishes will be served Sunday, Monday and Thursday, Butler said. Bagels and pastries will be available Tuesday and Wednesday.

SG is also sponsoring a free bagel drive-thru in front of the Gibbons Alumni Center during finals week. The drive-thru will be open Monday to Wednesday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

Butler said this is the first year SG is holding a bagel drive-thru.

“We wanted to create awareness as to where the Alumni Center is located and thought a drive-thru would be very convenient,” Butler said. “Students don’t even have to get out of their cars. They can just drive through, get a bagel, go to the library, finish studying and then go to class and take their exams.”

Butler said the breakfasts are a collaborative effort within SG to provide something new for students during finals week.

“People within SG that don’t have exams or just wanted to volunteer have stepped up to help (SLT) make these events as successful as possible,” she said.

The MSC will remain open until 3 a.m. from Sunday to Thursday, and the Library will be open the same time Sunday to Wednesday.