Hearing set for former student charged with car theft

The arraignment of a former USF student who was charged with stealing another student’s car from campus is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. today.

Stephanie Moore is charged with two felonies: grand theft auto and grand theft in the third degree, said Pam Bondi, the public information officer for the state attorney’s office.

Moore is also charged with two misdemeanors: driving with license canceled or revoked and trespassing on property other than structure or conveyance, Bondi said.

University Police (UP) arrested Moore on Sept. 17. She was still being held at Orient Road Jail as of Tuesday, according to the charge report. Her bond is set at $4,750.

USF student Heather Bradley reported to UP that her backpack, containing her car keys and wallet, was stolen from the fifth floor of the Library on Sept. 14. Bradley said she temporarily left her backpack unattended to use the bathroom.

Later that day, Bradley reported to UP that her 2006 burgundy Ford Mustang had been stolen from the Collins Boulevard Parking Facility.

Two days after Bradley’s car was stolen, Moore posted a message on Bradley’s Facebook profile.

“I read about your car in the Oracle today, I’m so sorry,” Moore’s post said. “I hope you find it and severely press charges on whoever did it.”

A friend of Bradley’s called UP on Sept. 17 and said she thought she saw Bradley’s car in parking Lot 8B north of the Richard A. Beard Parking Facility, said UP spokeswoman Lt. Meg Ross.

In addition to the felony and misdemeanor charges, Moore is charged for three outstanding warrants from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office for driving with a suspended license and two counts of unlawful use of a temporary tag.