Women’s soccer game time

When: 7 p.m.

Where: Pittsburgh, Pa.

TV/Radio: N/A

With new competition comes a new attitude. That’s what Big East competition does, said USF women’s soccer coach Denise Schilte-Brown.

USF (3-4-1, 0-1-0) travels to Pittsburgh (5-2-1, 0-0-1) at 7 p.m. Thursday and hosts West Virginia (3-2-4, 0-0-1) Sunday at 1 p.m. with a new mindset in place.

“It’s going to be mental toughness, and in the Big East you get a good chance for travel,” she said. “The girls are looking forward to it and have a renewed determination going forward that we’re pretty excited about.”

Pitt defeated St. Bonaventure 4-0 on Sunday, with freshman Ashley Cuba scoring two goals. Cuba has six goals and three assists this year.

USF sophomore Chelsea Klotz, who is second on the team with three goals this season, is determined to win against a Pittsburgh team that prevented the Bulls from reaching the Big East tournament last season with a win in Tampa.

“We’re excited to go out there and beat them and show them that we belong in the (Big East) tournament,” she said.

The Mountaineers are coming off a 1-0 victory over Tennessee. Like she has said all season, Schilte-Brown isn’t looking past any opponent, let alone Pittsburgh.

“We’re not (excited about playing West Virginia at home) because we haven’t talked about it yet,” she said. “If there was ever a moment to not look ahead it would be right now.”

– Johnathon Mulder