Second finalist interviews for provost position

USF Provost and Senior Vice President Ralph Wilcox will speak at a forum today from 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. in Marshall Student Center room 2709 as part of his interview process for the University’s provost position.

Wilcox, who is one of two finalists for the position, served as the vice provost for Policy Analysis, Planning and Performance at USF from fall 2003 to fall 2007.

In January 2008, Wilcox was named interim provost when Renu Khator left USF to become the University of Houston’s president.

Wilcox was appointed for the remainder of Khator’s term.

University enrollment has increased by 11 percent in the six years Wilcox has been at USF, he said in his letter of interest.

Although University tuition has increased and the school has made major budget reductions, Wilcox said the administration has managed to keep USF’s undergraduate tuition rates one of the lowest in the nation.

The other finalist, Donna Kuizenga, spoke at a forum Thursday. She is the dean of the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Massachusetts Boston.

The search committee comprises 15 people from various campus departments and has reviewed applications for provost since April 30.

Rhonda Hendrix, the special assistant to the Office of Research and Innovation, said the search committee was unable to say when the provost would be chosen.

Hendrix said USF President Judy Genshaft will make that decision and determine the length of the provost’s term.

A live video of Wilcox’s forum can be viewed on USF Netcast at netcast.usf.edu.