USF Notebook: Injuries bench Bulls

Senior linebacker Brouce Mompremier has likely played his last game as a Bull.

Mompremier suffered a blow to the back of the head against the Louisville Cardinals and did not play Thursday night against the Cincinnati Bearcats.

He had also injured his neck Sept. 20 against Florida International when he collided with teammate Carlton Williams. He was taken off the field in an ambulance and airlifted to a Miami-area hospital where he remained for two days.

USF coach Jim Leavitt said Mompremier’s return to the field is “doubtful” for the remainder of the season.

Former Bull out for the season

According to the Denver Post, former USF running back Andre Hall — who holds USF’s all-time record of 24 rushing touchdowns — was placed on injured reserve by the Denver Broncos, ending his season.

Hall was not a major factor in the Denver running game, having compiled only 144 yards this season. He was, however, a factor on special teams, where he was the primary kick returner.

Kickoff set for Rutgers
As the Bulls fade from the national spotlight, so do their chances at playing primetime games. The Bulls played Thursday night in front of a national television audience for the high-definition cameras of ESPN. After their bye week, the Bulls will play on the Big East Network.

A noon kickoff is scheduled for USF’s game Nov. 15, the second early game for the Bulls this season.

The Bulls played Syracuse on Oct. 18 at noon, and walked out of Raymond James with a 45-13 win.

Senior center Jake Griffin said playing on Saturdays might be better for the team.

“I hope for the sake of the University that they don’t schedule any more (Thursday games),” he said after the Cincinnati game.