WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

USF (10-4, 0-1) at St. John’s (9-5, 0-1)When: Tonight, 7Where: Carnessca ArenaTV/Radio: 1010 AM

The USF women’s basketball team had a rough start to its Big East Conference schedule with a 79-73 loss to the West Virginia Mountaineers at home Jan. 5.

Now, the Bulls will look to rebound when they travel to New York to take on the St. John’s Red Storm tonight.

The Bulls (10-4, 0-1 Big East) will look to bounce back from a game that they had a chance to win late, despite falling behind by as many as 13 points in the second half.

Tonight, USF will aim to take a lead in the all-time series, which is tied at 1-1. Last season, the Bulls beat St. John’s at home 74-61.

The Red Storm (9-5, 0-1 Big East) go into the game searching for its first conference win of the season. St. John’s lost its Big East opener 58-50 on the road to No. 5 Rutgers.

St. John’s will be looking to junior guard Monique McLean to continue her impressive season. McLean is averaging a team-leading 14.9 points and is second on the team with 5.9 rebounds per game.

USF will be relying on a junior guard of its own to earn the first Big East win of the season. Shantia Grace is leading the Bulls in both points and assists, with 18.2 and 4.1, respectively.