WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

North Florida (2-4) at USF (5-2)When: Tonight, 7Where: Sun DomeTV/Radio: None/1010 AM

After four days to mull over one of its sloppiest performances of the season, the USF women’s basketball team will take the court tonight against an in-state team – the North Florida Lady Ospreys.

The Bulls go into the game against the Lady Ospreys on the heels of a performance they would rather forget. Despite a career night from Jessica Lawson, USF struggled almost the entire game Saturday before closing out Saint Peter’s for a 66-58 win.

If USF hopes to continue its winning streak, it will need strong play in all areas of the game. Junior guard Shantia Grace scored 17 points against Saint Peter’s, but also played the entire 40 minutes of the game.

Lawson set new career highs in both points (25) and rebounds (14), but was 8-18 from the field. Coach Jose Fernandez is satisfied with the improvement shown by his team since Saturday night’s near-debacle.

“I think that we’ve gotten what we needed to out of practice over the last two days,” Fernandez said. “So, that’s good.”

On defense, the Bulls will need to look out for junior guard Jennifer Bowen. Bowen is averaging 8.7 points on the season, complementing her five rebounds per game.

She is also coming off a 13-point, four-rebound, three-assist game against Lehigh on Friday. She turned over the ball only one time in 30 minutes on the court.

“Our big thing right now is to make sure we take something out of every practice and every game,” Fernandez said. “This team is getting better, and will continue to get better the more they play together.”