WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

USF (3-2) at FIU (1-4)When: Today, 5:15Where: Pharmed ArenaTV/Radio: None/1010 AM

The USF women’s basketball team, which last played eight days ago, will hit the road for the first time this season. After a rough start, the Bulls will try to win consecutive games when they travel to Miami to play the Florida International University Golden Panthers.

USF played sloppily over a span in which the team played five games in eight days, earning USF a 3-2 record on the season.

The Bulls turned the ball over 20 or more times in each of the first four games. Last season, USF turned the ball over more than 20 times only once.

However, against the Stetson Hatters, USF cut down the mistakes. USF had its best performance of the season, shooting 42.7 percent from the field and committing a season-low eight turnovers.

USF has had success in the past against the Golden Panthers. The Bulls hold a 9-8 series record against FIU, including a 3-0 record against them under coach Jose Fernandez – an FIU graduate.

The Golden Panthers’ lineup revolves around their senior guard, LaQuetta Ferguson. On the season, Ferguson is averaging 20.4 ppg.

USF will need to build upon the inside-outside attack it established during its Nov. 20 win over Stetson. Junior center Jessica Lawson led all scorers with 20 points, with junior guard Shantia Grace adding 18.