Jenkins makes conference honor roll

Senior cornerback Mike Jenkins was named to the Big East Conference weekly honor roll Monday for his performance in the Bulls’ 38-33 loss to Cincinnati on Saturday.

In the game’s opening quarter, Jenkins received his first collegiate kick return and brought it back 100 yards for a touchdown. The senior – who started at kick returner for the first time as a Bull –

finished the day with 192 yards on five returns. Playing cornerback against the Bearcats, Jenkins had four tackles, two pass breakups and one tackle for a loss. On one Ben Mauk pass attempt, Jenkins hit the intended receiver so hard the player’s helmet flew off.

While Jenkins had an impressive performance, it was overshadowed by a member of the Bearcats’ secondary who earned conference Player of the Week honors for his play against South Florida.

Cincinnati safety Naruki Nakamura was named Big East Conference Defensive Player of the Week for a standout performance against the Bulls.

The senior had a hand in three of the Bearcats’ eight takeaways, finishing with a game-high 11 tackles, two forced fumbles and an interception.

Another night kickoff

It has been announced that the South Florida’s final football game of the season will kick off at 8 p.m. on Nov. 17.

The game will pit the Bulls against the conference rival Louisville Cardinals and will be broadcast on ESPN-U. It will be the Bulls’ fourth night kickoff of the season. The team had evening starts against Elon, Auburn, West Virginia and Rutgers.

ALL-U-CAN-EAT SEATS

The USF Athletic Department will be selling “All-U-Can-Eat-Seats” for all men’s and women’s home basketball games for the 2007-08 season.

With the purchase of a south end ticket, fans will receive a voucher good for “All-U-Can-Eat” hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels and soft drinks for the entirety of the game.

“We are extremely excited about offering the All-U-Can-Eat seats,” Ayo Taylor-Dixon, USF assistant athletic director, said in a press release. “We are constantly trying to improve our game atmosphere and (are) trying to bring new elements to the table.”