VOLLEYBALL GAME TIME

West Virginia (9-3) at USF (10-5)When: Tonight, 7 Where: The Corral

After a four-game road trip, the women’s volleyball team will be back at the Corral hosting Big East rivals West Virginia and Pittsburg this weekend.

The Bulls just finished two weeks on the road where they had victories against Rutgers and Syracuse. They finished at 2-2 on the trip and will look to improve to two games above .500 at home.

“We are definitely excited to be back in front of a home crowd,” said head coach Claire Lessinger. “This weekend is a pretty big one with two Big East rivals coming into town, and the home crowd will hopefully give us that extra boost to produce some wins.”

The Bulls (10-5) host the Mountaineers tonight at 7 and will try to improve to .500 for the season in the Big East. West Virginia (10-7) has lost three of their last four games on the road.

The Mountaineers captured a defensive 3-2 victory in their most recent outing against Seton Hall, posting a season-high 19 blocks in the effort. Senior Abby Tevis had 16 kills and leads the team on the season with 233.

On Sunday at 2 p.m. the Bulls will be hosting the Pittsburgh Panthers (11-8), who are on a three-game winning streak. The Panthers are coming off a victory at home against Villanova, which improved their record at home to a perfect 7-0.

Senior outside hitter Diana Andreyko was recently named to the Big East conference honor roll and had a season-high 22 kills in the win against Villanova. With 1,655 kills, Andreyko is only 27 shy of second place in kills in Pittsburg history. She leads in attempts with 4,457 and is ranked sixth all time in aces with 115.

“I think we are on track and moving into the right direction,” said Lessinger. “We are still young and we need to have patience because of that, but overall I think the team is doing really well and playing together. We really need to take advantage of these games at home and I think we will get better as the season goes on.”