Kick off spring break with a ‘Splash’

The sky is clear. Guys and girls are in the car with flip-flops and sunscreen. These people are headed to Clearwater, but this won’t be a day at the beach. It’s a day at Wild 98.7 FM’s Wild Splash. “Wild Splash is the hip hop Woodstock,” said DJ MD of Wild 98.7’s Street Team. “Expect an explosive medley of a Spring Breaker’s orgasmic concert experience.” Saturday marks Wild 98.7’s 7th Annual Wild Splash. Some of the biggest names in pop, reggae and hip-hop will be performing, including Young Jeezy, T-Pain, Damian Marley, Stephen Marley, DJ Unk, Collie Buddz, Digital Underground and Baby Boy. K-Sha – one of the old-school Street Teamers for Wild 98.7 – said there will also be vendors, carnival rides and lots of giveaways. Shhh Don’t Tell Momma, an adult superstore in St. Petersburg and one of the businesses promoting the concert, will be giving away lots of freebies at the show. Everyone who bought something at Shhh Don’t Tell Momma during Wednesday night’s ticket raid received a free ticket to Wild Splash. Shhh Don’t Tell Momma is owned and operated by Theresa Stillwell. She started promoting Wild Splash out of appreciation for the radio station. “I love them,” Stillwell said. “They do a lot of really good things.” Last year, Girls Gone Wild made an appearance at the show. There is no word yet as to whether or not they will be coming this year. Regardless of whether they appear, “You see a lot of skin,” K-Sha said. For many, Wild Splash serves as a great excuse to get together with friends. “This will be the greatest last time with my army buddy before his Basic leave,” Chris Bianchina said. Beef Stud and mass communications major Scott Bergoch will be attending the show with Wild 98.7 as a member of the Street Team. “I think because it’s my first time, I’m looking forward to it because of stories I’ve been told about past Wild Splashes,” Bergoch said. Wild Splash will be held at Coachman Park. Tickets are $20 in advance, but $35 on the day of the concert. All Ticketmaster locations sell tickets, but charge additional processing fees. Two ticket raids are being held today so that people may purchase tickets without the fee. McDonald’s will be selling tickets from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1661 4th St. South in St. Petersburg, along with Metro PCS from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 1251 E. Fowler Ave. in Tampa. The concert begins at 1:30 p.m. Food, drinks, coolers, chairs, pets, video equipment, umbrellas and canopies will not be allowed in Coachman Park. For more details on Coachman Park visit their site.