Women’s basketball game time

The story: The Bulls conclude their seven-game homestand tonight against Florida International. USF has won six games to open the season, only two away from tying the team record of eight straight victories to open the year in 1976.

Senior Jessica Dickson and sophomore Shantia Grace share the team lead in scoring average with 18.8 points per game, ranking them second in the Big East.

The duo has helped make the Bulls the top-scoring team in the conference with 90.5 ppg. Grace’s steady play at point guard is the reason there is such a disparity in the team’s assist (18.2) to turnover (11.8) ratio (1.54), which is tops in the Big East.

USF has never trailed at halftime this season and is defeating its opponents by an average of 34.7 points.

The Bulls are coming off a two-game sweep of the Best Western Roundball Classic, defeating St. Francis and Massachusetts. Dickson was named tournament MVP after scoring 38 points along with 13 rebounds in the two-game set.

The Golden Panthers are coming off a 69-64 loss to Tulane in the championship round of the FIU Thanksgiving Classic. FIU is 1-1 away from Pharmed Arena this season.

The all-time series is tied at eight, with the Bulls taking the last two meetings, including a 63-50 victory last season.

Keep an eye on: FIU guard LaQuetta Ferguson. The junior guard leads the Golden Panthers in scoring average (17) and steals (14), and ranks second on the team in assists (18).