Two last names, one local band: Arthur Pardue

After months of songwriting and recording, a pair of Clearwater musicians known as Arthur Pardue are soaring into the music industry.

“The first year of us being together has been writing and recording,” said Andy Pardue, 25-year-old guitarist and vocalist for the band.

“Now we get to start giving it out,” added 18-year-old lead vocalist Andrew Arthur.

Before Pardue met Arthur, he toured with Backstreet Boy Nick Carter as a guitar player.

“That was my first major touring experience,” said Pardue of his time traveling with Carter. “I learned so much. One of the biggest things I’ve learned is that there are a million musicians who can do what you do, (but) not everyone has the personality to co-exist with other talented people.”

Over the past year and a half, Arthur and Pardue have to successfully co-existed as talented musicians. The two call their duo “Arthur Pardue” after their last names.

“It’s so different from the stuff that’s out there now,” said Arthur.

The combined styles of Arthur and Pardue create Arthur Pardue’s different sound.

“He’s big into rock and I’m big into pop,” Arthur said.

Pardue said that “the fact that we draw so directly from older influences” makes the music of Arthur Pardue unmatched.

“Take that style and modernize it,” said Pardue.

“We’re writing different things. I’m focusing on the lyrics and he’s focusing on the music. That’s what I feel like good writers do,” said Arthur.

“There aren’t a lot of bands out there that have a joint effort,” Pardue said.

“It’s kind of like the yin and the yang,” Arthur added. “We couldn’t do it without each other.”

Arthur Pardue has played at venues such as the Wheeler Opera House in Aspen, Colo., the St. Pete Times Forum, and the USF’s Martin Luther King Plaza and has opened for acts including Josh Groban and Taj Mahal. This weekend, the pair traveled to Los Angeles to meet with Roger Burnbow, president of Spyglass Entertainment.

“He can put your song in a movie. And once your song’s in a movie, it’s everywhere,” said Arthur.

“There’s a lot that could come of it,” Pardue said of the pair’s meeting with Burnbow.

“It’s probably the best opportunity we’ve gotten so far, but it’s not the only opportunity,” Arthur said.

As Arthur Pardue plans to continue playing shows, the duo look forward to what appears to be a bright future.

“We want to be one of those bands that’s a lasting thing, not a one-hit wonder,” Pardue said.

“(This is) just something I really enjoy doing,” Arthur said. “And I want to do it for the rest of my life.”

Pardue agrees, “That’s kind of what my goal has always been.”