“I drink, therefore I’m drunk.”

James Joyce Irish Pub

Tucked away above the crowded streets of Ybor City sits the traditional-style Irish pub, the James Joyce. The Joyce is located directly above The Green Iguana, up possibly the most dangerous set of stairs in Tampa. The pub boasts a comfortable atmosphere with its large wooden bar and lounge area. A side room features a conventional dartboard, and the large windows offer a birds eye view of 7th Ave. Ybor definitely has a good selection of people to watch. The Joyce usually features a low-key musician strumming guitar standards and Irish drinking songs. Most musicians will accept requests for your favorites like Dave Matthews and U2. The James Joyce is a good place to enjoy a pint, hear some relaxing tunes and escape the club chaos below. –Lori Bartlett

James Joyce Irish Pub
1704 1/2 7th Ave
(813) 247-1896

Hattricks

Even with no hockey season, Hattricks is a good place to watch sports games on large-screen televisions and eat some excellent food. Hockey jerseys, sticks and Lightning paraphernalia line the walls of this restaurant/bar. Hattricks is open for lunch and turns into a bar in the evening. The building is located downtown near the St. Pete Times Forum in a large historic brick building. The restaurant offers a broad range of American fares, and is famous for their Shepherd’s pie. The bar has a large selection of domestic and imported beer, as well as a wide variety of liquors. A pool table stands in the midst of wooden tables and chairs and serves as a sort of lounge area. For the sports enthusiast, Hattricks is the perfect place to enjoy your favorite game. –LM

Hattricks
107 S. Franklin St
(813) 225-4288