New and Noteworthy for the week ahead

Steamboat Bill Jr. — Summer Classic Movie Series
(Sept. 26/ Tampa Theatre/ $7)

This is absolutely the last chance you’ll have to catch a classic film adorning the silver screen of the Tampa Theatre. Buster Keaton’s black-and-white Steamboat Bill, Jr. will send out this year’s series. Though it’s not in color and may seem carbon-dated, the film and event is still an experience that shouldn’t be missed, especially for those who have yet to venture into the Tampa Theatre. Watch a classic film in a theater that is a big part of Tampa’s history.

Phil Collins
(Sept. 29/ St. Pete Times Forum/ Tickets range from $43.25-$83.25)

“Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now),” “In the Air Tonight” and “Sussudio” are just a small taste of the hits to expect when Phil Collins take centerstage at the St. Pete Times Forum. Collins has taken this outing on the road to poke fun of other farewell tours. Fellow musicians Cher and KISS pulled the farewell card are at this moment are playing to an audience somewhere in the world. Granted, this is Collins’ trademark humor, but it cause for a few belly laughs.

Primetime Television
(Tonight at 9/ CBS and/or NBC/ Free)

CBS favorites CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Without a Trace are returning to claim the Thursday night crown. Don’t count the peacock out just yet; ER will begin its 11th season as show veteran Noah Wyle departs the series. Thursday is shaping out to be a battle for rating with Joey and Will & Grace tag-teaming Survivor: Vanautu, CSI sticking it to The Donald and ER slicing Without a Trace. But this Thursday all eyes will be on the season premiere of CSI and ER.