Leavitt: One of those days

There were no smiles as the USF football team walked off the practice field Tuesday. Coach Jim Leavitt didn’t have kind words following the two and a half hour-long practice.

“We didn’t have a good one today,” Leavitt said. “We lost today. We got beat and we had no excuses. We were at a stalemate. Nobody hit anybody.”

Leavitt hasn’t had much praise for the team during the first two weeks of fall practice. Occasionally, individual players have been complimented, but that wasn’t the case Tuesday.

“Nobody did anything very good today,” he said. “We’ve got good guys. It’s just we had one of those days. Didn’t see effort. Didn’t see execution. Didn’t see anything. We just lost today, that’s all. But we didn’t play a game, fortunately. We would have gotten beat. We’ll see if we can rise up tomorrow. Keep plugging along.”

The Bulls continue to practice weekdays at 4 p.m. This Saturday, during Fan Appreciation Day, a two-hour practice will take place at 9 a.m. Fans will be allowed on the USF practice field at 11 a.m. for the final 30 minutes of the practice. At the conclusion of that workout, players and coaches will be available for photographs and autographs.

Miscellaneous: Cedric King is back on the field after missing the first two weeks of practice. He is not eligible at this time because of academic issues but can practice with the team. … Walk-on Brandon Allen attended practice for the first time. The 6-foot, 3-inch, 255-pound transfer from Santa Monica College graduated from Tallahassee’s Godby High School in 2002.