Taking digital pictures without worrying about the elements

Pentax Optio33WR

The world of digital photography can now be expanded through the use of an all-weather camera that eliminates the problems of standard digital cameras.

Pentax USA’s Optio33WR is an all-weather 3.2-megapixel digital camera that allows photographers to take their pictures without worrying about bad weather or shooting conditions.

Protection from the elements is assured through the JIS Class 7 water-resistance rating the camera has received. This rating guarantees that the camera will function for 30 minutes at a depth of 5.9 inches to 39.4 inches.

Offering a number of options for customizing various aspects of picture quality, the Optio allows photographers to have more control of their digital photography. Some of these options include white balance control and the ability to select different types of flash orientations.

Although the Optio includes the advanced options, it still functions much the same as a standard unit but allows novice users the opportunity to experiment.

In addition, the camera comes equipped with 12 preset capture modes to ensure that pictures come out right in different scenarios. These modes, such as surf & snow and night scene portrait, adjust the amount of light so picture quality doesn’t suffer as a result of conditions.

Storage for the camera is provided through a 16-megabyte internal card, but also features support for Multi MediaCards for increased storage capacity. The 16-meg card is large enough to store seven pictures at the highest resolution of 2048×1536 and 100 at the lowest resolution of 640×480.

Aside from functioning as a standard camera, the Optio33WR records full motion videos. Videos and pictures can then be displayed on a TV through the camera’s AV output.

Weighing in at 7.3 ounces and measuring 3.2 x 3 inches, the Optio33WR may not be the smallest camera on the market, but it’s still small enough to fit inside a shirt pocket.

Camera battery life is rated at 125 shots while using 50 percent flash with two standard AA batteries. The Optio33WR retails for $350.

www.pentaxusa.com