Blameless Announces New Blameless Reliability Scholarship to Collegiate STEM Majors

Blameless Will Award Two $2,500 Scholarships to College Students Studying Computer Science and Engineering

San Mateo, Calif.– March 16, 2023 – Blameless, the incident management workflow solution for DevOps and SRE teams, today proudly announces the launch of their Blameless Reliability Scholarship. The brand-new scholarship program will award two scholarships worth $2,500 to current or prospective college students in computer science, engineering departments or other relevant science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, STEM occupations are projected to grow 10.8% between 2021-2031. This is compared to only 4.9% growth for all other careers. At the local collegiate level, 730,394 or 18.3% of college graduates earn degrees in STEM fields.

The Blameless Reliability Scholarship is the first step that Blameless is taking in investing in the future of STEM by aiding students in their pursuit of a science degree. The requirements to enter the scholarship program include:

• Be a resident of the United States and the District of Columbia;
• Be at least 17 years old at the time of application;
• Currently enrolled full time at an accredited 2 – 4-year technical/vocational college or university – to see if your school qualifies, go to ope.ed.gov/dapip/#/home;
• Or have applied to an accredited college or university and are in the last year of high school;
• Be majoring in a computer science, engineering or other relevant STEM field;
• Have at least one (1) full academic year remaining in their program.

To apply for one of the two Blameless scholarship awards, students will need the following:

• Legal name and birth date;
• Current GPA (via official or unofficial course transcript);
• Proof of enrollment or acceptance in a college or university (this document can usually be obtained from the university’s student portal);
• A 400 – 800-word essay on the topic of “How Resilience Empowers” attached as a document or a Google docs link (ensure the sharing settings are updated).

The deadline to apply for the scholarship is Tuesday, May 30th, 2023. Please provide all of the required information by sending an email to community@blameless.com and find out more information at https://www.blameless.com/scholarships.

“We believe that human beings are at the heart of reliable services. We’re so excited to help empower the next generation of resilient engineers to build services that people can trust.” – Emily Arnott, Community Manager at Blameless

Additional Resources:

What is Site Reliability Engineering?
The Blameless Blog
Blameless Reliability Scholarship for Computer Science

###

About Blameless

Blameless is an incident workflow solution that carries teams through a codified playbook from start to finish in one fluid motion. DevOps, SRE and on-call teams command, communicate, and complete incidents faster than ever before. Everyone learns through retrospectives and data-based insights. Leading brands such as Procore, Under Armour, Citrix, Mercari, Fox, and Home Depot, rely on Blameless to embrace a culture of continuous improvement, do more with less, and protect their customers.

Blameless is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Accel, Third Point Ventures, and Decibel. For more information, please visit www.blameless.com and LinkedIn or Twitter.

Media Contacts

Elena Lopez | Sebastian Moradi
Jmac PR for Blameless
blameless@jmacpr.com