Sharpen Your Business and Entrepreneurial Skills and Win Prizes Playing a Video Game

Venture Valley 2023 Competitive Events Season Kicks Off

Los Angeles, CA  (Jan. 10, 2023) – The Venture Valley video game team is launching its 2023 competitive game tournament season with open tournaments starting January 16th and a collegiate cup starting in February.  Participants have the chance to win prizes and cash by playing this free (no in-app purchases or ads) fast-paced multiplayer business simulation on PC (via Steam) and mobile (iOS and Android) from Singleton Foundation for Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship.

Through in-person collegiate cup events and monthly online tournaments, Venture Valley competitors put their entrepreneurial skills to the test to create the most profitable companies and conquer business challenges.  The event schedule can be found on the  Venture Valley Events calendar.

Venture Valley is a fun way for you to be your own boss and to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur,” said Shelley Miles, CEO of the Singleton Foundation for Financial & Entrepreneurship. “With these events, we are preparing players to use the business and entrepreneurial skills they learn while playing Venture Valley to be successful in the real world.”

Open Tournaments (January 16th – June, 2023)

This tournament series will take place in the Venture Valley Discord server in monthly rounds, with the contests finishing on the last Friday of each month at 5 PM PST.  Monthly 1st place prize winners will receive $2000; 2nd place will receive $1000; 3rd place receives 500; 4th – 8th will be awarded $100 each, and random awards of $50 will be gifted to up to 40 people during the event. Players can register in advance here.  Tournaments are accessible to anyone over the age of 16 in the U.S. or Canada. At the end of each quarter, the final four players from each of the previous three monthly tournaments will be invited to participate in a single elimination bracket where the prizing is $5000 for 1st; $2000 for 2nd;  $1000 for 3rd; and $500 for 4th.

Collegiate Cup

In February, the Venture Valley Collegiate Cup will be launched. These in-person events will be taking place at universities and colleges across the U.S., including Penn State, University of Arizona, University of Tampa, among others. These collegiate cups will start in the 1st quarter of 2023 and run throughout the year. Prizes will be the same as the open monthly online tournaments – 1st place prize winners will receive $2000; 2nd place will receive $1000; 3rd place receives 500; 4th – 8th will be awarded $100 each, and random awards of $50 will be gifted to up to 40 people during the event.

Venture Valley features both competitive esports-style multiplayer play and a single-player campaign with 35 unique missions, giving players both a fun outlet to compete with friends in positive ways and practice entrepreneurship and personal financial skills on their own. Budding entrepreneurs get to experience the highs and lows of being their own boss but need to keep in mind that along with success comes rivals.

In Venture Valley, entrepreneurs start small with a dog (or llama!) walking business and then, by expanding and investing in new ventures, grow their Valley influence to include mini-golf, pizza parlors, a hovercraft ride-sharing service, and more. Along the way, business owners learn real-world financial and business skills and terms. They also experience all of the challenges of being their own boss and learn that success breeds competition. Luckily, competitors can be kept in check by strategically creating a custom card deck of boost and adversity cards that can be slammed down during gameplay to bolster a businessperson’s enterprises or leave opponents scrambling.

More information on the Venture Valley game can be found at www.venturevalleygame.com and through our social media channels:

• Twitch
• Discord
• Twitter
• YouTube
• Instagram
• Facebook

About Venture Valley

Venture Valley is a free (no in-app purchases or ads) PC and mobile (iOS and Android) game. The game is a project of the Singleton Foundation for Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship, a nonprofit with the mission of making financial competence fun and engaging for everyone by using the power of entertainment to capture attention, create change, promote entrepreneurship, and to inspire individual achievement. https://venturevalleygame.com

Contacts

Susan Lusty | Venture Valley Game | susan@susanlustycomm.com

Lori Mezoff | Venture Valley Game | lorimezoff@gmail.com