Eligibility for CFA Program Expanded to Juniors

New Way for Undergraduates to Springboard into Careers in Financial Services

Charlottesville, Virginia – 11/16/2022: As university students look to differentiate themselves in the hunt for a financial services internship or job, CFA Institute – the global association for investment professionals – has extended CFA Program candidate eligibility to include students with two years remaining in their undergraduate studies (typically junior year). This provides students who enroll in Level I with a clear signal to employers that they are committed to their career goals as they compete for their first role in financial services.

The CFA charter sets the standard as the most highly respected designation in the investment profession globally. Through the CFA Program, students gain knowledge developed by the world’s leading association of investment professionals. Enrolling in the CFA Program will offer candidates expanded opportunities for career advancement.

The change is effective immediately and applies to the May 2023 exam window for those atypical candidates who could graduate in or shortly before April 2024. Requirements to register for the Level II exam (students must have graduated before the exam date) and to ultimately earn the CFA charter remain unchanged, including the work-experience requirement.

Find out more about the CFA Program here.

For further information please contact pr@cfainstitute.org

###

About CFA Institute

CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion of ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. Our aim is to create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economics grow. There are more than 190,000 CFA charterholders worldwide in more than 160 markets. CFA Institute has nine offices worldwide and 160 local societies. For more information, visit www.cfainstitute.org or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter at @CFAInstitute.