Phi Kappa Phi Announces Expansion of Award Programs

The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines, has announced an expansion of its robust portfolio of award and grant programs which will now give $1.3 million annually to outstanding members.

Beginning next year, Phi Kappa Phi will provide 50 awards at $1,000 each to undergraduate members through its new Pioneer Program. These awards are designed to encourage and reward undergraduate members for developing the research, engagement and leadership skills necessary to become a successful scholar. For ful­­l eligibility requirements, visit www.phikappaphi.org/pioneer.

The Mary Todd Sabbatical Award, named for former Society Executive Director, Dr. Mary Todd, will honor one faculty member with a $50,000 award to support a sabbatical year or similar reassignments of duties. For full eligibility requirements, visit www.phikappaphi.org/sabbatical.

In addition to the two new programs, the Society’s Dissertation Fellowship has increased its funding to provide 15 eligible members with $10,000 awards and it’s Love of Learning program will now fund 200 members with $1,000 each to help fund post-baccalaureate professional development.

“As we know, awards are what we do at Phi Kappa Phi.  These additional awards and funding are part of our ever-growing commitment to supporting academic excellence and service to others.  Thanks to our wonderful donors, we continue to grow these programs and funding level,” said Society Executive Director and CEO, Dr. Bradley R. Newcomer. “I look forward to seeing the impact these new awards have on our members and volunteers!”

Phi Kappa Phi’s award and grant programs distribute $1.3 million each year to outstanding members through study abroad grants, graduate and dissertation fellowships, funding for postbaccalaureate development, member and chapter awards, and grants for local, national and international literacy initiatives.

To learn more about the Society’s award and grant programs, please visit www.phikappaphi.org/awards.

###

About Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Phi Kappa Phi inducts approximately 25,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni annually. The Society has chapters on more than 325 select colleges and universities in the United States, its territories and the Philippines. Membership is by invitation only to the top 10 percent of seniors and graduate students and 7.5 percent of juniors. Faculty, professional staff and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction also qualify. The Society’s mission is “To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and engage the community of scholars in service to others.” For more information, visit www.PhiKappaPhi.org.

Media Contact
Alyssa Papa
Communications Director
apapa@phikappaphi.org
(225) 923-7777