Party Planning Pointers For The Holidays

(NAPSI)—This holiday season, many Americans are entertaining the idea of having a festive gala. 

Here are 6 party planning hints that can help your next get-together be fun for both you and your guests:

Celebration Suggestions

1.Plan your guest list: You want people who are compatible but that doesn’t have to mean they all know each other. Also, when considering the number of guests, bear in mind not everyone will be able to make it. For a sit down dinner of any size, make a seating chart.

2.Party Outside: Many guests these days might be more comfortable if part of the party at least can be conducted outdoors if possible and the weather permits. Fire pits, blankets and heat lamps can help. 

3.Organize the food: Plan a menu that’s easy to prepare or can be mostly made in advance, so you have time to spend with your guests. Find out whether any of your guests have special dietary requirements, allergies and so on. If you’re having a large crowd for a cocktail party, make sure the hors d’oeuvre can be eaten standing up.

4.Plan a party playlist. Even if you don’t expect anyone to dance, play music, it can perk up the party atmosphere. Decide about genre: holiday music, pop, classic, whatever you’re into. Just don’t play it so loud as to interfere with conversation.

5.Decide about decorations. You don’t want so much that guests will have trouble moving around, just enough to give the house and extra festive feeling.

6.Determine the drinks. Figure your guests will have between one and two drinks per hour. Have plenty of water and soft drinks available and lots of ice. For a special holiday feel made easy, serve clever cocktails such as the Santa Hat Martini featuring Seagram’s Escapes Island Berry. Here’s how: 

Seagram’s Escapes Santa Hat Martini 

Marshmallow spread, for rim 

Shredded coconut, for rim 

1 oz orange vodka 

1/2 oz simple syrup 

1 oz pomegranate juice 

Juice of half lime (1/2 oz) 

1/2 cup Seagram’s Escapes Island Berry from the Seagram’s Escapes Aloha Ice Variety Pack 

Garnish: Candy cane 

Spread marshmallow cream around the rim of a stemless martini glass. Place shredded coconut in a shallow dish. Dip the rim of the glass in the coconut until coated. Add orange vodka, simple syrup, pomegranate juice, lime juice and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake until chilled. Strain into prepared martini glass. Top with Seagram’s Escapes Island Berry. Garnish with a candy cane stick and enjoy.

Learn More

Visit www.seagramsescapes.com/recipes for additional recipe ideas featuring Seagram’s Escapes, which come in assorted flavors, perfect for mixing a quick no-fuss cocktail this holiday season.

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)