Bulls’ guide to Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour

Singer Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform three concerts at Raymond James Stadium from April 13-15 as part of her only stop in the state. ORACLE PHOTO/JUSTIN SEECHARAN

Fans of singer Taylor Swift were outraged on Nov. 15 when Ticketmaster crashed during the presale of Swift’s Eras Tour, causing extremely long wait times and purchase failures.

Now, after “The Great War” against Ticketmaster and five months of waiting, Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour has finally reached Tampa.

As part of Swift’s only stop in Florida, she will be performing Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Raymond James Stadium.

Along with songs from her latest studio album, “Midnights,” Swift will be performing a set list comprised of roughly 44 songs, equivalent to three hours of stage time. This does not include the opening acts, which will be alternative rock performers Beebadoobee and GAYLE on Thursday, and Beebadoobee and singer Gracie Adams on Friday and Saturday.

Here’s all the tips every USF Swiftie should know to prepare for the concerts.

SCHEDULE

ORACLE GRAPHIC/JEISLIAN QUILES

TICKET COSTS

It’s still possible to get tickets in the days leading up to the concert, but the cheapest ones are hovering around $500 on Seatgeek and $450 on Stubhub. Ticketmaster no longer has any tickets for sale.

MERCH TRUCK

The official Taylor Swift Eras Tour merchandise truck will be open at 3 p.m. from Thursday to Saturday and can be found at the Ford Gate, Gate B and the South Plaza, so even those not attending the concert can purchase items. More merchandise will be available for those going inside the concert venue.

Merch trucks at previous tour stops have seen hour-long waits, with many starting to line up hours before the concert, according to an April 4 Tampa Bay Times article. If fans wish to secure on-site exclusives, such as the blue Eras Tour crewneck, they should make sure to arrive early.

While some of the merchandise is available online, others are exclusive to the merch truck. The cheapest item available is a glow baton priced at $15, and the priciest products are the $75 hoodies, according to an April 4 Tampa Bay Times article.

TRANSPORTATION 

Traffic is also expected to surge around the stadium before the concert, so plan to get there early. The Tampa Sports Authority said McEwen Blvd will be closed between Dale Mabry Highway and Himes Avenue starting Wednesday at noon. The road will remain closed through 8 a.m. on Sunday, according to an April 12 ABC Action News article.

Raymond James uses Waze, a navigation app with live traffic updates, to update roadway conditions surrounding the stadium. Drivers can use the app to find the optimal way there.

Concertgoers can also park at HCC, but there will be a limited number of parking spots, according to Parkjockey.com. Parking spots at HCC are first-come, first-serve and lots are expected to start at $53, according to an April 10 Bay News 9 article. Parking in surrounding neighborhoods is also possible, but cash is needed to pay for those spots.

For students who don’t drive or can’t secure parking in time, there are other ways to get to Raymond James from USF, such as Uber, Lyft or the HART bus.

For those taking the HART from USF, taking route 45 will get students directly from USF to the Stadium. The University Area Transit Center is where students can catch the bus at 13110 N 27th St.

The trip may take up to an hour and 30 minutes and will drop students off at about a 15 minute walk away on MLK Blvd and Himes Ave.

For ridesharing options, the drop-off and pick up area will be located at Steinbrenner Field. The pick up area is subject to change after the concert due to higher volumes of pick ups. Make sure to check the Raymond James website in case this change occurs.

Plan to walk far enough away from the stadium or wait a long time for a ride back home. Prices for Ubers and Lyfts may increase for the event as well.

ORACLE GRAPHIC/OLIVIA SCHENKMAN

There is also a high chance of running into serious traffic around the stadium, increasing the time it takes to get to the stadium over the usual 45-minute ride from campus

Alternative routes may be the way to go, like Route 6 to 32, which avoids Dale Mabry Highway completely. Students can transfer at the Netpark Transfer Center.

Students can also take other routes such as 400 to 7, which comes up to the stadium on the southern end, which can avoid traffic coming from the north.

Another route listed, 33 to 36, is also an option, but students may run into the Dale Mabry traffic.

One way fares cost $2 per ride. If taking a route with multiple stops, be sure to bring extra $1 bills, as bus drivers don’t carry change

Unfortunately, the HART stops running at about 10:30 p.m. for all three dates, so plan ahead for a ride back to USF.

WHAT TO BRING 

All concertgoers should avoid bringing backpacks or any bags larger than a clutch purse 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. Clutches of this size can be brought into the stadium and it is not recommended to attempt to bring a backpack. Students should leave larger items or bags in their cars before getting to the entrance of the stadium.

ORACLE GRAPHIC/OLIVIA SCHENKMAN

If unable to do so, there are storage lockers on Tom McEwen Boulevard, south of Gate C. Lockers are $10.75 to rent for the duration of the show.

Concertgoers should bring credit cards since the stadium is cashless.

The stadium prohibits cameras longer than 12 inches, camera bags, video cameras or GoPros, tripods, selfie sticks, umbrellas, fanny packs, aerosols, food and drinks and smoking, which include vapes and e-cigarettes.

Sunscreen lotion, binoculars, blankets, unrolled and unfolded towels and ponchos are allowed into the stadium. Banners and flags are permitted as long as they don’t have a stick or pole and do not exceed 11 by 17 inches.

Rain ponchos are recommended for Thursday’s concert as there is a significant chance of rain. 

For medical or diaper bags, a special needs form must be filled out 72 hours prior to the event day.

USF Swifties should utilize the tips listed to make the most of their night, because they know “All Too Well” that this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.