Corrick named DI pitcher of the year

Georgina Corrick finished her career at USF with a 1.04 ERA and a 113-32 record. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

USF’s softball season might be over, as well as Georgina Corrick’s collegiate softball career, but her legacy remains as she continues to receive awards.

The ace has engraved her name into the USF athletics history books and will now continue her softball career with AUX Softball on team Chidester.

Corrick was named the Schutt Sports/NFCA Division I National Pitcher of the Year on Friday, which was voted on by the coaching association.

The association selects a pitcher and position player every year in each collegiate division based on season performance. Alongside Corrick, Oklahoma’s Jocelyn Alo received the position player award.

With the pitcher having an exceptional season, sporting a 0.51 ERA and 37-5 record for 2022, she has put on quite the show. Her performance this season has gained the attention of many different associations who have honored her as well.

She was a top three finalist of the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the year award and named a first-team All-American by NFCA, D1Softball and Softball America. She has also earned AAC Pitcher of the year, CoSIDA Academic All-America of the Year and Honda Sports Award for Softball finalist.

In her USF career, she also holds a hefty softball resume. Since 2018, the pitcher has broken or tied 40 different USF and AAC records.