Three USF football players enter the transfer portal

The 2022 spring game featured 112 players in total, three of which have entered the NCAA Transfer Portal as of Tuesday. ORACLE PHOTO/ALEXANDRA URBAN

In the few days since the 2022 spring game, three USF football players entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, according to reports by Bulls247.

Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Cesar Reyes, redshirt freshman defensive end La’Vontae Camiel and junior linebacker Demaurez Bellamy have all filed the necessary paperwork and will be exploring options for their college football futures.

Reyes was the first Bull to enter the portal on Monday. The Tampa native has not been given a regular-season snap since the first game of the Jeff Scott era in September 2020, a 27-6 win over The Citadel. 

He chose to stay home over offers from programs like LSU, Kentucky and UCF. Coming out of Chamberlain High School, Reyes was rated as a three-star recruit by all major college football recruiting platforms.

Camiel announced his intention to enter the portal in a tweet on Tuesday. He also only played in one game in 2020, a 34-33 loss to Memphis in November, and was redshirted for the 2021 season.  

While at Columbia High School in Lake City, Camiel was a two-time All-State Second Team selection. 247Sports also rated him as a three-star. Camiel committed to USF over offers from Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina, among others. He has four years of NCAA eligibility remaining.

Bellamy also entered his name into the portal Tuesday, according to Bulls247. He saw significantly more playing time while at USF than Reyes and Camiel, appearing in 28 of the Bulls’ 32 games since 2019, making five starts at middle linebacker in 2021.

He tallied 77 career tackles, including a career-best 30 last season. He also recorded a career-high two tackles for loss in a win over Florida A&M on Sept. 18. The DeLand product will have two years of NCAA eligibility remaining.

The addition of these three makes 20 total USF players who have entered the transfer portal since the end of the 2021 season.