USF to allow 1,700 students to attend Homecoming game

USF athletics announced Monday that around 1,700 students will be allowed at the Homecoming game against East Carolina on Saturday.

Students can claim their tickets on USFBullsTix.com on a single-game basis and will be delivered via a mobile device. 

They can also select multiple tickets if students plan on attending the game in groups. They will be assigned socially-distanced “pods,” or sections of seating to sit in.

Approximately 11,000 fans will be allowed into Raymond James Stadium, including 8,000 for lower bowl seats and 3,000 for seats in the suites.

The fan limit will in effect for the next two home games in October — Saturday and Oct. 23 against Tulsa.

The number of fans allowed for the remaining two home games in the last two weeks of November against Navy and UCF has not been decided, but it will be no more than 25 percent of the stadium’s 65,890 capacity.

Tailgating is not permitted in the Raymond James parking lot for the rest of the season, and fans will be required to wear masks and social distance

Other public universities are continuing to grant between 20 to 25 percent capacity in their stadiums. FSU is permitting 19,500 fans, UF is allowing 17,000 and UCF is admitting 11,000, per the university websites. 

USF is allowing a smaller number of students compared to other Florida schools. FSU is allowing 4,000 students at Doak Campbell Stadium, UF is allowing 2,000 students into Ben Hill Griffin and UCF is allowing 3,000 students tickets for entry into The Bounce House.