ULS kicks off ‘in style’ with Teen Vogue Editor in Chief Lindsay Peoples Wagner

Peoples Wagner has been recognized in Forbes’ famous 30 under 30 feature alongside other influential figures including Tyler the Creator, Finn Wohlfard, Megan Thee Stallion and Maggie Rogers.

Editor in Chief of Teen Vogue Lindsay Peoples Wagner is set to kick off the University Lecture Series (ULS) for the new semester Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Oval Theater at the Marshall Student Center. 

Peoples Wagner has been the editor in chief at Teen Vogue for over a year and secured the position at only 29 years old, making her the youngest editor in chief of a Condé Nast magazine. 

She has been recognized in Forbes’ famous 30 under 30 feature alongside other influential figures including Tyler the Creator, Finn Wohlfard, Megan Thee Stallion and Maggie Rogers.

Peoples Wagner is widely recognized in the fashion world for her advocacy for inclusivity.

She launched the initiative known as “Generation Next” for New York Fashion Week 2019. This initiative chose five up-and-coming brands whose work has pushed boundaries in the fashion world in the name of inclusivity and brought them center-stage for a NYFW event.

Generation Next isn’t Peoples Wagner’s only inclusivity-driven creation. She is well known for her piece What It’s Really Like to Be Black and Work in Fashion, which she published during her time at The Cut. In this piece, Peoples Wagner spoke to 100 black individuals in the fashion industry to survey their thoughts on the barriers they have faced in the community. 

Before becoming an intern at Teen Vogue, Peoples Wagner didn’t realize that fashion would be her life’s path. Once she did, she knew her endeavors would always keep in mind the words her mother said to her as she began: “…Be what you needed when you were younger.”

That is exactly why Peoples Wagner said she has no plans on slowing down. 

“I’m not in any way, shape or form even close to being done,” she said in a Fashionista interview.