A very magical weekend

For every Harry Potter fan disappointed at not receiving an acceptance letter to Hogwarts on the eve of their eleventh birthday, Universal Orlando Resort has a treat in store this weekend.

You may not have gotten to hold the bucket for Ron as he threw up slugs, and you may not have gotten to duck out of the way of Neville’s runaway broom, but you may soon get a chance to relive the memories with their real-life counterparts.

Ron (Rupert Grint) and Ginny (Bonnie Wright) Weasley and Neville Longbottom (Matthew Lewis)will be featured at Universal’s “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo Friday through Sunday. 

The event is tailored for nostalgic adults, as well as newcomers to the fandom. 

“This special event for fans of all ages will celebrate all of Harry’s adventures, from the beloved books to the Warner Bros. feature films,” Universal Orlando Resort public relations officer Laura Dossett said in an email to the Oracle.

Each day, the Expo will begin at 9 a.m. and last until 6 p.m. on Friday and Sunday. On Saturday, the Expo concludes at 4:30 p.m.

Inside the Expo, guests will have a chance to be sorted into a house, get an up-close look at many of the film series’ iconic props and be able to share what Harry Potter means to them at the Scholastic Publishing Company booth. 

The panel available outside of the Expo includes a question-and-answer session with members of the cast, including Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Katie Leung (Cho Chang). Later on, fans can learn from the prop makers and graphic designers of the film franchise how  some of the many iconic props and settings were brought to life. 

And for fans of movie trivia, there will be several opportunities to show off your knowledge of the properties of asphidel in an infusion of wormwood.

Ultimately, the experience can be as magical as you make it. So, grab your wand and cloak out of the trunk we both know you have and get in line for the sorting ceremony.