Raymond James Stadium proposes possible renovations

According to the Tampa Sports Authority, Raymond James Stadium may be getting renovations, including HD screens totaling 28,416 square feet, in order to improve the fan experience. 
Special to the Oracle

Raymond James Stadium may be getting an upgrade for the upcoming seasons.  The renovations include HD video boards at the end zone, video tower displays in the corners of the stadium’s lower bowl and ribbon boards in the suite level’s second ring, according to a Tampa Sports Authority (TSA) press release. 

In addition to the screens, the stadium will receive upgrades in its sound system, concessions, suites and lounges, a team store and “other general fan enhancements.”

The new end zone boards will each measure 9,600 square feet and the tower displays 2,304 square feet, with the total screen real-estate reaching 28,416 square feet. 

The renovations are projected to exceed $100 million, with the TSA already contributing $28.8 million. As $25.8 million of that goes towards stadium maintenance, its renovation contribution sits at $3 million. The project is the result of an agreement between the TSA and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but must get the approval of Hillsborough County, the City of Tampa and the TSA Board of Directors, according to the press release. 

The renovations will go before the TSA Board of Directors on Dec. 15, the Hillsborough County Commission on Dec. 16, and the Tampa City Council on Dec. 17, according to the release. 

If approved, the project will be completed in two phases, with the first stage scheduled for completion by the start of the Buccaneers 2016 season and the second phase by the 2017 season, the press release stated. 

Aside from the $3 million TSA contribution, public