Musical weekend entertainment

When the area around campus lacks an obvious choice for live musical entertainment, students can turn to nearby venues to see local talent.
The Oracle has compiled a list of local musicians who are playing at various locations through the city this weekend.
Mishka Jahguar and NoNeed
Orpheum,
Thursday,  7 p.m.,
$12/$15

Bermuda born artist Mishka will be coming to Ybor to perform his reggae influenced music. Mishka has already toured  multiple North American venues and is coming to Florida as part of his ongoing tour.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
 State Theatre,
Thursday, 7 p.m.,  
$22.50 (in advance)

The group has included the State Theatre located in St. Petersburg as a stop on their 2013 tour. The group has just had one of their songs included in the film “The Counselor,” starring Brad Pitt.
The Toasters and
Voodoo Glow Skulls
 State Theatre,
Friday, 7 p.m.,
$16

The Toasters are a ska band who has been around since 1981 are pairing up with the Voodoo Glow Skulls at the State Theatre. The Voodoo Glow Skulls is a ska band that formed in 1988.
The Absence
Crowbar,
Friday, 8 p.m.

The Absence will be taking over the scene at Crowbar this weekend to showcase their death metal style music. The group of five is an independent band that formed in Tampa. This event is for ages 18 and up.
The Sara Rose Band, The Ones to Blame and Dean Johansen
New World Brewery,
Friday, early door at 8 p.m.,
 $7

These three groups will join forces this weekend to combine their different styles of music. The night will begin with a performance by Dean Johansen and close with The Sara Rose Band. This event is for ages 21 and up.
FIP: Dangerous Intentions
 Orpheum,
Friday, 8 p.m.,
 $1-$30

This event will showcase live pro wrestling from Trina Michaels, Jon Davis, Maxwell Chicago and many more. It is open to all ages and bell time is at 9 p.m.
Filthy Richard
Czar at The Ritz,
Friday, 10 p.m.,
FREE (before 11 p.m.)

The Ritz hosts the “filthiest party in town.” This special experience includes a constant music video streaming during the performance that will be given by MONK. This even is for ages 18 and up and is free for those who sign up for the events guest list and get through the door before 11 p.m.
The Browning
Orpheum,
Sunday, 5:30 p.m.,
$10-$13

The Browning, which can be described as a metal band will be performing along with other music groups Saturday. Those in the crowd will also hear from This Or The Appocalypse, Honour Crest, Tear Out The Heart, Myka Relocate, From The Embrace and The Reset.
ODS Presents: DJ Scratch
Crowbar,
Sunday, 9 p.m.,
FREE

This event is for ages 18 and up and will showcase the work of DJ Scratch who has been in the business since 1985. DJ Scratch is sure to give andentertaining night seeing that he has previously been the tour DJ for Jay Z and Diddy.