Dunkley arrested, suspended for battery

Sophomore wide receiver Christopher Dunkley was arrested and indefinitely suspended from the team following the teams loss to Florida State on Saturday night.

Dunkley, who transferred to USF from the University of Florida, was arrested for a first-degree misdemeanor charge of battery domestic violence at 11:23 p.m. on campus.

Dunkley was booked into Orient Road Jail at 1:44 a.m. Sunday according to the arrest report, and at the time of print was still being held without bond.

According to an article in the Tampa Bay Times, the victim called in charges for a Sept. 21 incident around 5:15 p.m. Saturday.

The Times article stated the police report said Dunkley forced the victim to the floor and began to punch and strike the victim in the arms and legs causing bruising and grabbed the victims hair and forced her into a closet where he began to strike the victim with a computer cord on the back of the thighs, causing several lacerations.
The article stated the report said there is a strong likelihood of repeat violence.

The arrest came just two hours after the Bulls completed a 30-17 loss to the No. 4 Florida State Seminoles a game in which Dunkley had one catch for 10 yards. The sophomore has four catches for 93 yards this season, including a 52 yard touchdown against Nevada.

The Hillsborough County Sheriffs Department was unavailable for comment Sunday.

Holtz said in a press release that Dunkley would be suspended from the team indefinitely.

Our players have an obligation to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner on and off the field, he said, Due to the serious nature of this matter, we have suspended Chris indefinitely from all team activities.