Men’s hoops adds another transfer player

A roster already loaded with transfers gained one more Thursday as Martino Brock verbally committed to join the USF men’s basketball program.

Brock, a 6-foot-5 guard and forward, spent the last two seasons playing for South Alabama and announced his USF intentions on social networking site Twitter. He led the Jaguars in points, averaging 14.2 points per game and steals with 45 last season.

Brock will sit out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA transfer rules and will have two seasons of eligibility afterwards. He joins fellow transfers Ron Anderson Jr. (Kansas State), Augustus Gilchrist (Maryland), Jawanza Poland (Hutchinson Community College), Hugh Robertson (Tallahassee Community College), Victor Rudd (Arizona State) and Blake Nash (Williston State College).

Bulls land Perry

The 2012 football recruiting class also gained a new member Thursday with defensive end Daniel Perry.

Perry, from University School in Fort Lauderdale, measures at 6-foot-7 and 225 pounds and is the fourth player to verbally commit to enroll at USF.

Perry was named to the Miami Herald’s All-Broward County second team for Class 1A-3A last season after posting 84 tackles and three sacks.

Hovan the intern

Former NFL defensive lineman Chris Hovan has joined the USF football program as an intern under strength and conditioning coach Mike Golden as he prepares for a career in the field.