Quick picks: Blues in the park, black and blue on stage

This weekend has plenty events to keep music fans happy, including the popular Tampa Bay Blues Fest at Vinoy Park and the Vinyl Music Festival in Sarasota. Yet, for those looking for more primal forms of entertainment, Steve-O of the MTV series “Jackass” will take the stage for a high-energy stand-up show.

Friday

Tampa Bay Blues Fest

The 16th annual Tampa Bay Blues Fest, one of the Bay area’s largest music festivals, kicks off Friday with a lineup of blues greats, including the Robert Cray Band. Other artists performing over the weekend include Tommy Castro, Jonny Lang and swamp blues legend Tab Benoit.

Time: Friday and Saturday, 12:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Sunday, 1:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Location: Vinoy Park, 501 Fifth Ave. N.E., St. Petersburg

Price: $30 for a single day ticket; $75 for a weekend pass

Website: tampabaybluesfest.com

Saturday

Darude at Vinyl Music Festival

Finnish trance disc jockey Darude headlines the third annual Sarasota Vinyl Music Festival, where more than 40 electronic musicians from all over the world will share their art. DJ Randy Boyer, dubstep producer Sharaz and Miami’s DJ Drager will also perform.

Time: Vinyl Music Festival runs from Friday to Saturday. Darude performs Saturday at 9:30 p.m.

Location: Michael’s On East, 1212 East Ave. S., Sarasota

Price: $40 for three-day tickets to the main events.

Website: vinylfestival.com

Sunday

Steve-O

Ringling Clown College graduate and stuntman Steve-O, best known for his antics on the wildly popular MTV series “Jackass,” brings his stand-up comedy tour to the Improv in Ybor City this weekend. Fans of the series can gain some behind-the-scenes knowledge of the wild behavior that occurs both on and off the screen with Steve-O’s self-proclaimed “variety show.” Judging from Steve-O’s past work, this show will probably not be for the faint of heart.

Time: Various show times Friday through Saturday; Sunday at 7 p.m.

Location: Improv Comedy Theater, 1600 E. Eighth Ave.

Price: $22 to $25

Website: symfonee.com/Improv/tampa