Tennis team tries to get over .500

MEN’S TENNIS GAME TIMEFurman (0-5) at USF (3-3)When: Today, 2Where: USF Varsity CourtsTV/Radio: NA

The USF men’s tennis team (3-3), coming off of a 7-0 loss to the Auburn Tigers in Alabama last Friday, have a quick turnaround and an opportunity to bounce back and get over the .500 mark today at 2 p.m. at the USF Varsity Tennis Fields.

The Bulls are 3-0 at home this season and will look to earn their fourth-straight home win in what will be the beginning of a five-game series at home. The five-match stretch will mark the beginning of Big East play for a team that is looking for consistency.

Today’s opponent, the Furman Paladins, is 0-5 and far from battling for a conference title or an NCAA tournament bid.

The Paladins are coming off of a 6-1 loss to No. 3 Georgia last weekend.

St. John’s comes to Tampa on Thursday in what will be USF’s Big East opener. The Red Storm is 3-2, having played three Ivy League Schools -Yale, Columbia and Princeton – so far this season. St. John’s had started its season 3-0 but lost its last two matches.

Florida Atlantic University will challenge the Bulls on Saturday. The Owls are 4-3, but 0-2 against Florida schools, having lost against Miami and Florida State.

In order for USF to have a successful series at home, it will need to win the doubles point consistently and assert its dominance at home heading into the final games before the conference and NCAA Tournaments.