WOMEN’S SOCCER GAME TIME

Connecticut (5-2) at USF (1-4-1)When: Tonight, 7:30Where: USF Soccer StadiumTV/Radio: None

The USF women’s soccer team has not played a home game since its exhibition against the University of Tampa on Aug. 31. Tonight – after playing six consecutive regular- season games on the road, eight straight including exhibitions – the Bulls finally play on their home field when they host No. 21 Connecticut at the USF Soccer Stadium.

The Bulls go into the match with a 1-4-1 record, including a record of 0-1 in conference play. USF played a tough non-conference schedule to open the season, including games against No. 15 Florida and No. 19 Marquette. The Bulls’ lone win of the season was a 3-2 victory at Miami on Sept. 14.

The Bulls host a Connecticut team that boasts a 5-2 record, including a 1-0 record in the Big East. The Huskies beat Providence 6-0 in their Big East opener last weekend. Junior midfielder Brittany Taylor – who recorded a goal and an assist – led the Connecticut team that saw six different players score a goal.

After tonight’s game against Connecticut, the Bulls play the Providence Friars in Rhode Island, continuing Big East play. The game will be the final road contest for the Bulls until Oct. 19, when USF travels to play Cincinnati.

The Bulls hold a 1-0-1 all-time record against the Friars, with a 2-0 victory last season. Providence has a 1-6-1 record this season, with the team’s only victory coming against Hartford. The Friars are led by senior Laura Elfers, who’s had one shutout and 36 saves in eight games this season.