Bulls meet UCF, again

The USF baseball team was swept two weekends ago and bounced back with a 10-4 win over UCF. Today the Bulls get another chance to bounce back against the Golden Knights after losing two of three to TCU last weekend.

But USF couldn’t capitalize on its success against UCF last Tuesday, following that game by dropping a tough series to TCU. The Golden Knights, on the other hand, used the loss last week as motivation and swept A-Sun foe Belmont, propelling the Golden knights back into the top 25 in the Baseball America poll. No. 23 UCF didn’t allow a single run in the series against the Bruins.

So the Bulls will have to wait to get back into the Conference USA race until the weekend as they prepare for this non-conference game.

Senior Myron Leslie said he is just ready to get back on the diamond.

“We go to UCF (today), and that will be just a good opportunity to get back out onto the field pretty soon (after last weekend),” Leslie said.

When asked if the team could take anything positive from the series loss to the Horned Frogs, Leslie said no.

“Not right now,” Leslie said. “I mean not right after losing two games to a team you know you’re better than. Not just because (we) lost the games but because (we) weren’t ready to play.”

The Bulls won the first game of the series against TCU Friday but lost games two and three. Saturday USF dropped a heartbreaker in 10 innings after a big pinch-hit three-run home run by Nick Cardieri got them back in the game. Sunday the Horned Frogs gave USF an old-fashioned 7-1 whipping.